Category Archives: Beauty
My hair is the epitome of dead. I have dyed it from brown, to ombre, to bright pink, to blonde, to blue, and finally back to brown. You could say my hair’s been through a lot. In order to maintain it’s health (to the best of my ability) I use many different products.
First off lets start with the basics. I use the John Freida Brilliant Brunette shampoo on my hair to start off, then rinse with cold water (Always wash your hair in cool/cold water, hot water damages it!!!). Next I go in with the same John Freida Brilliant Brunette conditioner and leave that in for a few minutes to let it soak. These products help maintain my color a ton.
About once a week I use the Arvazallia Rejuvenating Hair Mask for intense hydration. This mask is filled with argan oil and macadamia oil which do wonders on my hair. It’s also paraben free and safe for color treated hair! I leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Post shower, I wrap my hair in a towel and let it dry for a few minutes. After this, I put in the OGX Coconut Milk Anti- Breakage serum. This helps keep my hair from being frizzy and dry. Occasionally I also use the OGX Brazillian Keratin Straightening Oil which helps de-frizz.
After all my oils and such I let my hair air dry. Rarely do I use any heat on my hair as it is very dry and broken already. If I do use heat though, I put in the OGX Flat Iron Spray.
What are your favorite hair products?
Ahhh yes the wonderful world of youtube. Spending five plus hours binge watching makeup tutorials and room tours- don’t worry you are not the only one. No need to be ashamed. If you have yet to binge watch to this extent, below are a few of my absolute favorite beauty gurus to get you started.
- Zoella– If you haven’t heard of Zoe, well let me be the first to say you have been living under a rock. A lovely lady from the UK producing videos from makeup tutorials to hauls to challenges. Highly highly recommend binging on her videos.
- Amanda Steele– At only 16 years old she’s already so successful on youtube as well as in the modeling world. She creates lookbooks, makeup tutorials, hauls, etc. All you need in one simple (yet effective) youtube channel.
- Carli Bybel– This woman is a true makeup goddess. She works wonders with makeup. She gives all types of makeup tutorials (mainly) and a few fashion/hair type videos as well.
- Danielle Mansutti– Dani is the most adorable thing ever. With her Australian charm and amazing makeup skills she is definitely my all time favorite lady on youtube. She posts all the typical beauty guru videos along with vlogs. She even has her own line of false lashes (which I highly recommend)!!!!
- Claudia Sulewski– Based in Los Angeles you already know she’s good at what she does. One thing I love about her is how she is always so happy and energetic in her videos. She too posts all the typical beauty guru videos, but they are still worth the watch.
- Arden Rose– Something I love about Arden is how real her videos are. She isn’t the typical beauty guru- her videos are original and her sense of humor is one of the best. Definitely one of my favorite ladies too. (Plus her and her boyfriend Will are the cutest couple ever).
So there you have it. From these channels you can delve into the beauty realm of youtube and find so many more awesome guys and gals. Happy (binge) watching!
P.S.- feel free to check out my channel as well!
In 2016 I have discovered so many new products that I have fallen in love with. Whenever I’m not at home these are my must have products.
To carry all of the contents I have a small pouch I bought from the paper source in Los Angles. Very motivational. (They don’t have it listed online, so here are a few other options. Still very cute.)
Lets start with all of my two face products. The Tarte amazonian clay BB tinted moisturizer (what a mouthful) is a-ma-zing. Plus it has SPF 20 so it’s a win win. It blends so well, and leaves a dewy natural finish. And for when I want even more of a glow, the Benefit Watt’s Up cream highlighter is perfect for that. It can also double as a brow highlight.
Next up- eyes. First off lets talk about mascara- the Benefit Roller Lash is something I have re-purchased several times. It curls your lashes beautifully while also lengthening them making this the perfect all-in-one mascara. Five stars. Another thing I always carry is the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. It has all the perfect neutral shades for any skin tone and with this palette you can create anything from a very natural look to a dramatic smokey eye. Another urban decay essential is their primer potion. Now I must say it is a bit sticky (which is a good thing) but it can be a bit harder to blend your shadow if you don’t let it sit for a few minutes. Another thing I like to do when using this is set it with a translucent powder which helps the shadows blend easier. Lastly the Ulta store brand makeup remover. I bought this as a backup, not expecting much from it but it has become my absolute favorite eye makeup remover. It isn’t oily at all which is amazing, as I hate oily residue from makeup removers. It’s also cheap and usually there are sales like buy one get one free.
Now onto eyebrows. A few months ago I was binge watching makeup tutorials and almost every beauty guru was using the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade. I had never heard of it until then and figured I should try it since everyone and their mother was raving about it. Well I have jumped on the bandwagon and almost every eyebrow product I own is Anastasia. The pomade is such great quality and there is so much product in the tiny little thing. But let me warn you- a little goes a very long way! Another vital product is brow gel. There are so many companies that sell clearbrow gels and tinted ones too, I use the Mary Kay clear brow gel though. I could definitely find a better one, but this one does the job. You can even purchase a clear mascara- that does the trick just as well. The last thing I have is the Anastasia Duo Brush #7. A holy grail brow tool.
Lips! I use the Lush Bubblegum Lip Sugar Scrub to plump my lips and straight after, I apply the C.O. Bigelow rose salve which is the ultimate lip moisturizer, and has several different uses. I like to apply a little bit of gloss or tinted balm after, just for a little color. Below I have the bare minerals Marvelous Moxie gloss, which gives your lips a minty fresh feel and isn’t sticky.
Finally all the brushes I carry. I won’t bore you with reviews on every single brush, but basically they are all great. From left to right: Sonia Kashuk Powder Brush, Mary Kay eyeliner/eyebrow Brush (only sold in sets), MAC 217 Blending Brush, EcoTools Full Eyeshadow Brush, Real Techniques Sculpting brush, Mary Kay Eye Smudger Brush, Sonia Kashuk Large Crease Brush, EcoTools Petite Eye Shading Brush (only sold in a set), and of course the original Beauty Blender.
If you have made it to the end I applaud you. This was quite the lengthy post, but I wanted to share it all with you. I hope I have helped you in one way or another. Questions? Comments? Leave ’em below!